The rising demand of cloud services for web hosting has led to an increase in exposure that businesses gain through the internet.
The biggest benefit of cloud servers apart from redundancy and scalability is their capacity to control and stabilize website traffic, and thus their ability to cope with the burden and load on network. Here are a few pointers on cloud hosting servers, which would help you opt for the best service provider based on your business’s needs and requirements.
- In cloud hosting, a single server is not responsible for dealing with several clients. Instead, cloud hosting comprises of multiple servers functioning together to enhance the overall web hosting experience.
- Whenever a server undergoes a network problems or even a complete breakdown, other active servers in the cloud take over to manage the load of the inactive one, and that too without any loss of customer data.
- A massive amount of space is released due to the fact that less hardware components are required.
- Consumption of energy is also low because customers use less hardware.
- There is no risk of clients losing their data on the cloud as a result of network issues or traffic burden, because all the servers work together simultaneously and are linked to each other. This ensures stability and balance across all servers, so that if one of them fails, others take over, thus improving website performance and smooth running of operations 24/7 without any kind of disruption.
- Most well-known and top-ranking service providers offer cloud servers for dedicated and VPS hosting.
- Customers have the option of choosing either the 32-bit platform or the 64-bit one. Moreover, they can also choose between Windows or Linux web hosting servers in accordance with their business requirements and compatibility.
- Some leading web hosting providers also offer Virtualization technologies such as Xen. Along with that, they offer access to VNC and consoles based on web for the purpose of managing their web accounts in the cloud.
- Cloud hosting results in significant cost reductions for the customer as well as the provider, which is one of the biggest advantages of using this service. This is because clients only need to pay according to their needs and usage – not any more and not any less. Instead of a fixed – and rather substantial – monthly payment, clients only pay for the system resources and bandwidth they use, and when they use them.
Lastly, cloud hosting protects all websites with an SSL certificate, thus minimizing the risk of theft or exploitation of data on the internet by unwanted users.