Due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the demand for eLearning apps is increasing day-by-day. From school teachers to students, everyone today stays active in virtual classrooms and learning apps. According to Statista, it is expected that the e-learning market worldwide will reach nearly 243 billion U.S dollars by 2022. The trend of learning and studying from mobile apps will continue to grow.
Nowadays, many companies are focused on eLearning app development and simultaneously looking for the most effective education application testing services. In this article, we’ll discuss why education apps need mobile testing and what are the testing practices for education improvement.
Reasons Why Educational Testing Service is Necessary?
Testing is essential for education software because it helps both the pupils and the teachers understand how much they have learned and taught. In schools, most K1-K8 class students rely on spoon-feeding.
The curriculum for every subject is different for students. Even their learning habits can vary as per their dedication to education. Whatever you will teach, they will adopt as it is. Moreover, students are advised to clear their doubts with teachers. If the app contains so many bugs, how can you expect good marks and performance from students? The other reason to get education software testing services is security.
Don’t forget that mobile apps are designed and developed by humans, and they are prone to errors. If the app doesn’t get testing, it can cause data loss, identity theft, and hacking issues. If the app contains sensitive information such as students’ passwords and parents’ bank details, you don’t need to take risks. Whether you are using mobile apps for synchronous online learning or asynchronous online learning or computer-assisted instruction or fixed e-learning apps, you should give priority to testing. The mobile education app without testing is flawed.
Mobile Application Testing for Education: Test Cases and Test Scenarios
You may know the meaning of the mobile app. But, it would be challenging for you to describe how to test mobile apps? To help you learn more about mobile app testing, we provide some test cases and test scenarios that you can implement on your education app. Make sure test cases should vary based on different mobile testing requirements and mobile testing types. Here, we discuss the necessary testing types and test cases that companies already include in their education testing services.
The process of testing functionalities of the mobile application is called mobile-based functional testing. Functional testing aims to ensure customer satisfaction through mobile apps. It helps in reducing errors, providing quality, and meeting the specified expectations.
For example, – you develop the app for school students, and your target type is education, and the distribution channels are Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Now, you need to check whether the app allows accurate downloads for specific distribution channels. If not, there is a need to hire professional testers for implementing education software testing services.
Basic test scenarios for functional testing are as follow:
- To validate whether the app works as per the requirement.
- To validate whether the app allows you to save, share, and download the posts throughout classroom sessions.
- Check whether all required mandatory fields are working fine or need testing.
- Check how the app responds while incoming calls on the phone.
- To validate whether the application supports all types of payment gateways like Paypal, Mastercard, Visa.
- Check the required page scrolling scenarios of the application.
- Check whether the navigation provides relevant modules as per the student’s demands.
- To verify whether the app installs smoothly or needs to provide a user guide to understand the app functions.
- Check Whether your app works on all network versions of mobile like 2g, 3g, 4g.
- Check how the app looks while running on different mobile devices.
- Check whether the user interface of the app is visible and friendly.
- Ensure the app’s responsiveness, orientation, screen size, and content during execution in different mobile environments.
EdTech testing services are the need of the hour. When it comes to improving the mobile app’s performance, performance testing is a must. You can hire a certified software tester for testing your education software in real conditions. You need to check several performance testing parameters if the app contains many graphical elements and operate with different models.
- What is the loading time of the application?
- What is the battery consumption level of the application?
- How much time does it take during updates?
The objective of performance testing is to assure that the application can perform well under different load conditions or performance requirements. Always consider performance testing when you remove some students’ records from the database server. You can get a performance test while updating a list of new students.
Fundamental test Scenarios for Performance mobile app testing
- To determine the application performance whenever you switch the network from Wifi to 3G, 4G.
- Check whether the audio, video, battery consumption, memory leaks, location tracking is well for required guidelines.
- Evaluate the response time of the app as per the requirements. If it is not well, don’t delay while choosing the educational testing service.
- To understand that the current network can support the application is at the peak, average, and minimum user levels.
- Optimize the required CPU cycle and validate the app’s longevity if the user load is rigorous.
Usability testing is a software test type including in education application testing services. It aims to ensure that the application is easy to use. It helps deliver an outstanding user experience. Manual testers usually perform usability testing due to the understanding of the behavior of other users.
Test Scenarios for Mobile Usability Testing
- To check that the size of buttons should have the required size and perfect for big fingers.
- To ensure that icons of the application are consistent and natural.
- To ensure that the buttons are at an accurate position.
- The color and function of the button should be the same.
- To ensure that the app will require minimum keyboard inputs.
- To ensure that the zoom-in and zoom-out tapping functions are working.
- To ensure that font size is readable and texts are simple and clear.
- To assure that app features are synchronized.
- Ensure all strings are translated into suitable languages if the language translator facility is available in the application.
- To check that the app can close and open from different states.
You can get an education testing service for the safest exchange of data between teachers and students. The objective of security testing is to fulfill network security and app’s data requirements.
Test Scenarios for Security Testing
- To verify that the app contains strong passwords.
- To protect the app from SQL injection, malicious runtime injections, or similar attacks.
- To prevent the network from the denial of service attacks.
- To assure that the app’s certificates are valid.
- To ensure data validation and data storage requirements.
- To ensure the repairing of cryptography codes if it is broken.
- To check that the app doesn’t cause session expiration issues.
- Evaluate the file caching and protect the app from memory corruption cases.
- Providing regular audits for data prevention analysis.
- To check the implementation of business logic and make them secure from vulnerable outside attacks.
- To verify the protocol handlers if anyone is trying to reconfigure the default landing pages for the app via a malicious frame.
- To protect from unsafe data storage in the keyboard cache of the app.
- To provide security against guessable credit-card numbers, usernames, passwords.
- To prevent cookies from performing any malicious attacks.
- To evaluate custom-created files and avoid such files from malicious behavior.
Is your education app ideal for students from the same countries or different countries? Are the numbers, currencies, dates, and timing displayed as per the location? These are some parameters that you need to test for an eLearning solution.
You can consider education application testing services if the app doesn’t support all mobile devices. It assures that the different screen sizes, versions, hardware, resolutions of the app will work as desired.
Some test scenarios for compatibility testing are:
- To validate the UI design of the app based on the screen size of the device.
- To assure that the text is visible to all operating systems.
- To check whether the call/alarm function of the app enables or disables at run-time.
Various mobile learning apps are designed and developed for different purposes. So, the point is what kind of education software testing services you need. If you are a technical person, it would be easiest to discover the right testing type for your mobile education app. But, if you are a non-technical person and newbie in the education app business, it’s a high time to contact BugRaptors for educational testing service. The professionals at BugRaptors have excellent testing skills with several testing tools and resources to reach your target audience through mobile app testing.