Step By Step Guide To Perform Netgear N300 Extender Setup2 min read
Want to know how to set up your Netgear extender? Great! You have come to the right place. However, before you start the Netgear N300 extender setup, you must look for a few things before starting the extender setup process. Keep reading.
Prerequisites For Setting Up Your Extender
- Place the Netgear router and extender in a single room or cabin or space.
- Make sure that both the devices are powered on.
- Have a strong home WiFi connection.
- Keep multiple web browsers installed on your system. Sometimes, you might find it hard to login into your extender when you use a particular web browser. Therefore, you can change the web browser if you face any trouble.
You can perform a new extender setup manually using a web interface. However, you can also use a WPS method. You can choose as per your preference.
Netgear N300 Extender Setup: Manual Method
- Carefully unbox the Netgear WiFi extender.
- Make sure it does not get damaged.
- The router and the extender should be placed in the same room.
- Connect the extender with the Netgear router with a wire.
- Your router should be connected to the home WiFi network.
Turn On Power
- Wire in the router to a power source.
- Switch on the power supply to turn on the router.
- Plug in the Netgear extender to an electric outlet.
- Turn the power on to switch on the extender.
- To complete a Netgear N300 extender setup, you need a computer to access the internet.
- Turn on your computer by plugging it into an electric socket.
- Connect your computer to the router’s internet connection.
Open Web Browser
- Open a web browser to open mywifiext web page.
- You need to ensure that the web browser is up-to-date.
- Also, if the web address is not accessible, you can use a different web browser.
Note: You should clear the cache and cookies of a web browser before starting the extender setup.
Access Extender Login Portal
- Type mywifiext in the address bar.
- You can use the IP address of the Netgear extender as a URL.
- Press enter to open the login page.
Enter Login Details
- Enter the User ID and password in the prescribed spaces.
- If you don’t have a User Id, you should sign up on the mywifiext web portal.
- Pressing the enter logs you into the extender.
Choose Network To Extend
- Select the model of your Netgear extender.
- Choose a WiFi network you want to extend with your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Click on the Next button once you select the network.
Congratulations! You have successfully performed a WiFi Extender set up using a web interface. After this, you can see the name of your Netgear home WiFi extender in the network list of your device.
Therefore, setting up the extender helps you to have wider network coverage. As a result, you can enjoy a faster network in every part of your house.
1 thought on “Step By Step Guide To Perform Netgear N300 Extender Setup”
You can receive an error message or be unable to link to the site when you try to access the website mywifiextnet in order to set up your wireless extender. Since MYWIFIEXT is not a standard internet website, this may happen. It is a local web address used to open a NETGEAR wireless range extender’s settings (genie or Smart Wizard). To access this web address, your device must be either physically linked via Ethernet or wirelessly connected to your NETGEAR
range extender setup.